When the former President of America “Bill Clinton” came to India to see the Taj Mahal, he said
“ There are only two types of people in this world One who have seen the Taj Mahal and the others who haven’t”.
There are many big beautiful buildings monuments in this world, but there is nothing like Taj Mahal, because the Taj Mahal was built on the base of Shahjahan heart.
Today I am going to tell you some such facts that you might not have heard before.
- A lot of people tourists do not know that the Taj Mahal they see are the rear part of that Taj Mahal while the front part of the Taj Mahal is on the Yamuna river side, to go to the main gate of the Taj Mahal, Shahjahan used to come from a boat with his guest.
- Many people say that the hand of all the workers and artisan who built the Mahal was cut off, but there is no proof of this, some people say that a contract was signed by paying laborers for life that they People should not build another Taj Mahal.
- The four minarets of the Taj Mahal are not straight, they are inclined towards the outside, it was built so that if the minaret falls from any natural disaster, then it does not fall on the tomb of the mahal, that fell outside.
- Taj Mahal is taller than Qutab Minar . where the Qutab Minar is 72.5m and Taj Mahal is 73m tall
- The best calligraphy in the whole world is written on the door of the Taj Mahal which welcomes the tourist. “o soul, thou art at rest Return to the Lord at peace with him And he at peace with you”.
- This calligraphy is in Thuluth script. The name of the person who designed this calligraphy was Abdul Haq who was called from Iran. Shah Jahan after seeing this dazzling art Shah Jahan gave him the name Amanat Khan as a title.
- Shah jahan ,Where there are no fights in the kingdom, there was peace and tranquility all around, they only had the passion to build big and beautiful monuments. He merged the ancient history of India with that of Mughal architecture.
- The whole world had not seen a monuments like the TajMahal, for this white marble was brought from Rajasthan (Makrana). Jade and crystals were imported from China, Lapis lazuli came from Afghanistan, Turquoise from Tibet, Jasper sapphire from Punjab and Carnelian from Arabia. All the 18 gems were in white marble and more than1000 elephants were used to bring all these gems from abroad to Agra.
- Shah Jahan started the construction of TajMahal in 1631 and completed in the year 1653 after 22 years the TajMahal was ready in which 20 thousand workers and laborers were involved. All the things were tested like diamonds The carvings on the walls of the Taj Mahal are Italian techniques. For Marbles people called from Uzbekistan (Bukhara) ,for sculptors from Iran and from Baluchistan to carve the stone was called.
- At the time of the revolution of 1857, the British had taken out many valuable gems from the Taj Mahal .
- There was a gold urn on the main dome of this mahal, but in the 19th century, it was replaced with a Bronze urn on the top of the Taj Mahal’s dome.
- There is no proof of who did the blueprint of the TajMahal, but it is said that the team of 37 people prepared the blueprint of this TajMahal.
- To strengthen the base of the Mahal, ebony and mahogany wood has been added to strengthen it because the moisture that ebony and mahogany will get is as strong as they get, and this moisture meets the Yamuna river.
- In 1989, a book written by Purushottam Nagesh Oak (TajMahal was the true story) claimed that the TajMahal used to be a Shiva temple before the makbara was built and it was named Tejo Mahalaya but there is no proof of it being a Shiva temple in the book of history.
- Taj Mahal Shah Jahan built for his wife Mumtaz , where Mumtaz’s real name was Arjumand Banu Begum Shah Jahan named Mumtaz Mahal the most precious ratna of Matal Mahal.
- Mumtaz was 38 at the time of giving birth to her 14th child, Mumtaz was in Burhanpur (Madhya Pradesh) at that time after taking out Mumtaz dead body from Burhanpur, where the Mahal was being built, it was buried in the nearby garden. When the TajMahal was built after 22 years, Mumtaz’s dead body was buried under a big dome.
For breaking news and live news updates, like News Darshan on Facebook Instagram or follow us on Twitter. Read all kind of tips and news in detail on newsdarshan.in and other latest news.