Mumbai: As Maharashtra battles the new surge in Coronavirus cases, CM Uddhav Thackeray will hold a meeting with the Commissioner and other officials of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Tuesday to review the situation in the city. ALSO READ | ‘Projection Of Unscientific Medicine Slap To People’: IMA To Harsh Vardhan For Promoting Patanjali’s Coronil
Maharashtra has been seen facing a new crisis with respect to a sudden spike in fresh Covid-19 infections. So to review the situation and make necessary decisions, CM Uddhav Thackeray will meet BMC Commissioner and other officials, as reported by news agency ANI.
5 Important Updates About Covid-19 Situation In Maharashtra:
1. New Restrictions: Amid fears of over new lockdown, severe restrictions with stringent curbs have been imposed in Nagpur, Pune, Nashik, Amravati, Akola, Yavatmal, Aurangabad, Satara, and others.
Restrictions have also been imposed in Buldhana city, Chikahli, Khamgaon, Deulgaon Raja and Malkapur areas of Buldhana. Buldhana DM S Ramamurthy informed that only essential services will be permitted between 8 am and 3 pm. Home isolation is not permitted. Strict action will be taken against people who would violate the guidelines.
2. Challans In Mumbai: Mumbai police have been authorised to issue challans to people for not wearing masks. commissioner Param Bir Singh informed that they are mask violators will have to pay a challan of Rs 200. For not wearing a helmet or a seat belt, the fine is Rs 500.
3. CM Thackeray On Lockdown: While addressing the people of Maharashtra on Sunday, CM Thackeray in a press conference informed that the state has reported around 7,000 new cases. He said that if the Covid-19 situation deteriorates further, the state government will be forced to impose a lockdown.
4. Covid Violation Case: A case has registered against former MP Dhananjay Mahadik and two others for violation of Covid-19 measures at marriage function of his son in Pune on February 21. NCP chief Sharad Pawar, BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis and Haryana Dy CM Dushyant Chautala were among the attendees.
5. 12-Hour Night Curfew: Maharashtra relief and rehabilitation minister Vijay Wadettiwar talked about the possibility of the state government imposing a 12-hour night curfew, “between 5 pm and 5 am”, in areas with serious Coronavirus transmission. A meeting will be held with Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray in the coming week to finalise the decision.
(With Agency Inputs)